Local Bus and Shuttle Services
Tongariro Alpine Crossing Shuttle Service
There are a number of local transport operators providing a variety of services to and from the Tongariro Alpine Crossing throughout the Summer freedom walking season.
Our preferred local shuttle operators will pick you up and return you to our doorstep. They are committed to offering a personal service to our guests with a wealth of local knowledge and advice to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Bookings are essential.
- Pick up and return service from The Crossing Lodge.
- Departure time 6.45am. Departure times 8am and 5.30am available on request for groups of 4 or more, subject to availability.
- Transport to the Mangetepopo carpark to start the track and pick up from the Ketetahi Carpark at the finish of the track.
- Make arrangements at your own convenience with a provider of your choosing to get the service that best fits your needs.
- Bookings are essential, and need to be done no later than 7.30 pm of the evening before.
- If the transport service is cancelled due to bad weather you will be refunded the transport portion of your booking less any applicable admin fees.
This service is strictly weather dependent. With several weather factors contributing to the safety of this track, we rely on the knowledge and experience of the transport provider and the guidelines issued by Department of Conservation to ensure your safety.
The Shuttle driver will go through everything you need to know including the pick up times for the day, much of this is safety related so please pay attention.
Most Bike Hire services will arrange shuttle transport for the major cycle trails and many of the Transport companies do a bike shuttle service. Ask your preferred local provider what services they can offer you.
Ohakune Mardi Gras Transport
Many of the below transport services will be putting on a shuttle for Mardi Gras, Saturday 19 June, to and from Ohakune. Contact them to find a service that suits you.